The Authors Alliance Partner Program (A2P2) is a new subscription option for organizations. By joining A2P2, organizations can leverage our expertise in copyright, open access, publication contracts, and getting rights back in order to expand the capacity of library and scholarly communications professionals to serve faculty, researchers, and students. Together, we can help authors manage rights throughout their careers and improve the availability and discoverability of knowledge and culture.
Why Join A2P2?
- Save time and increase your capacity to provide up-to-date, reliable, and consistent rights management education to authors with our teaching and learning resources.
- “Workshops in a box” that contain everything you need to prepare for and deliver workshops on topics that help authors manage rights throughout their publishing lifecycle, from negotiating for author-friendly terms in a publication contract to getting rights back.
- Webinars and other professional development resources to support your training activities.
- Curated collection of third-party materials that form a one-stop shop for trusted training and curricular resources.
- Stay informed with our quarterly newsletter and periodic issue briefs that help you keep abreast of and navigate developments in the rapidly changing publishing landscape.
- Help steer our resource and policy agenda through priority member channels that offer you the opportunity to weigh in on our advocacy to advance sound copyright policies and provide input that will guide the development of our author-facing resources.
- Support the community of authors and institutions working together to expand access to knowledge and culture for the public good.
Still have questions? Check out the A2P2 FAQs.
Pilot Subscriptions (2019-2020)
Authors Alliance beta launched A2P2 in August 2019 with four subscription categories. For our pilot period, partners are encouraged to support the success of A2P2 by participating at a level that aligns with your institution size and budget. During the 2019-2020 pilot, we are offering a substantial discount on subscriptions. Subscribers in all categories receive the same benefits.
- SUSTAINING ($2,500 for the 1-year pilot—50% off the regular $5,000 annual subscription rate)
- SPONSORING ($1,500 for the 1-year pilot—50% off the regular $3,000 annual subscription rate)
- SUPPORTING ($750 for the 1-year pilot—50% off the regular $1,500 annual subscription rate)
- TRIAL ($0 for the 1-year pilot—limited number of spots available)
At the end of the pilot period, subscribers will be given priority access to A2P2 subscriptions (but will not be obligated to renew).
A limited number of discounted A2P2 pilot subscriptions are still available. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be a part of the group that will shape our services during the 2019-2020 academic year.
Subscriptions for 2020-2021
Following our 1-year pilot, A2P2 will officially launch in August 2020. More information coming soon!
Please contact email@example.com if you would like to be among the first to receive an announcement when subscriptions are available for the 2020-2021 academic year.